Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.cyprussamaritans.org/
Who we share your data with
All information relating to a anyone who contacts us, either through the website or our Helplines is confidential to Cyprus Samaritans unless:
1. We have informed consent from a caller to pass on information.
2. We receive a court order requiring us to share information or are required by Cyprus specific legislation to do so.
3. We receive information about acts of terrorism, bomb warnings or threats to life.
4. We call an ambulance because at the time the caller appears unable to make decisions for themselves or becomes unconscious having given the details of your location.
5. When we have the details of/from a child under 17, or, of/from a vulnerable adult, we may contact the relevant authorities if it is identified that they are at risk of serious abuse or harm. (We will always encourage callers to make contact directly).
6. If a caller threatens the safety of our volunteers, or deliberately prevents our service being delivered to other callers.
7. Information is only ever shared with other Cyprus Samaritan volunteers to the benefit of our callers.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you call us on our Helpline, we will record the name you give us, the date and time of your call, a summary of what you tell us and the level of risk we believe is associated with it.
We will hold this data for a period not exceeding two calendar years.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information
If you email us, your email address, IP address, browser information and predicted country is recorded.
All of your data is held on secure systems that have strong passwords and will not operate outside of the Cyprus Samaritans buildings.
All Cyprus Samaritan personnel who have access to your data are bound by rules of confidentiality and are highly trained.